Contest Dates: July 15 – September 15, 2019
Do you have what it takes to write an amazing research brief and create a brilliant video to match? Would you like an extra line on your C.V. in your Honors and Awards section? Do you need a little extra cash in your pocket this summer? Then put on your scholarly cap and submit a police related research brief and an accompanying video to Olivia.r@AmericanSEBP.org by September 15, 2019 11:59PM EST.
Here are the parameters for the brief and video:
The article you translate must be related to policing and/or crime. Mail to: Olivia.r@AmericanSEBP.org
The research brief and video are to translate the same police/crime research article
You can submit up to 3 research briefs and videos during the contest period
The research brief cannot be more than 2 pages
- The research brief should accurately translate the research into a format that a layperson can understand
- Try not to use technical terms
- You can be creative in the research brief design – if it remains at 2 pages
The video cannot be longer than 8 minutes
- Be as creative as you can with the video – please don’t submit a video of you reading your brief verbatim- tell a story about the research or use animation
- If your video is a power point presentation with you talking over it – unless you have the most amazing voice, we have ever heard, you probably won’t win.
Research Brief Example: Click Here